Who is Simon Bornhoft?
Simon Bornhoft is one of the most experienced and respected windsurfing coaches in the world. He has been involved in just about every aspect of the windsurfing including - competitions, retail, trade, testing, magazines, travel, fitness, journalism, TV commentary and of course the odd bit of coaching! In fact he’s possibly personally coached more people than just about any other windsurfer on the planet and is dedicated to constantly improving the Windwise Skills Training System and assisting as many people as possible to greatly enhance their level and enjoyment on the water.
- Professional windsurfer / Ex-World Endurance Champion / Ex-100 Mile Record Holder & Ex-National One Design & Freestyle Champion.
- Produced the Royal Yachting Association National Windsurfing Coaching System.
- Boards Magazine Technique Editor, Tester & Contributor (UK) over the last 25 years.
- Contributor: Planchemag, Surf a Vela, Polish,Turkish, Russian, Czech Republic & Dutch Windsurf magazines.
- Team Rider: Tushingham / Starboard / Gul / Dakine
- Demos: National Windsurfing Festival / Student Windsurfing Nationals / London Boat Show / Windsurf Shows
- Business coaching for: Ashridge College / Richmond Housing Partnership
- Windsurfing commentator for LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES
- FOUNDER OF WINDWISE & CREATED OF THE WINDWISE 'SKILLS TRAINING SYSTEM'
Specific Coaching Skills:
Explaining how windsurfing truly works (it’s often counterintuitive and not what it seems).
Identifying the ‘right skill for the right time’ to make a genuine difference to your windsurfing and how you learn.
SB has an uncanny ability to work out how you tick, learn and get the most out of yourself on the water!
Developing a unique Skills Training System to accelerate progression of every level of windsurfer!
- WINDSURFING by New Holland Publishing
- NEED FOR SPEED a children’s book on boats by Watts Publishing
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing book & video Ebook
- RYA Advanced Windsurfing book & video Ebook
- Written thousands of pages on coaching/travel/kit/fitness features in specialist windsurfing magazines around the world.
MEDIA & COMMERCIALS
Regularly providing advice and offering specialist advice for all sectors of the media, including numerous TV, radio and national newspapers.
TV APPEARANCES & SHOWS
BBC TV Breakfast Show, BBC TV South Today, BBC Solent, BBC Radio 4, Sport On Four, BBC Radio 4, BBC Radio 1 News Beat, BBC Radio The Boat Show, BBC Radio Sussex News, BBC Radio Sussex, TVS Coast to Coast, TVS Kent, Capital "The Way It Is", LBC, Sally Winters Show, Tim Butcher Show, BBC 1 Tomorrow's World, LWT 6 O'clock Show, Granada Motormouth, Clothes Show, Wild Spirits, Channel 4 'Great Outdoors', Sky Lifestyle, Granada Acid Test, Granada This Morning 'Richard & Judy', Granada Greenlife, Ocean Sound Sailing. Meridian TV, BBC Radio Solent, LONDON OLYMPIC GAMES 2012 Windsurfing commentary for BBC.
Sunday Times (Front Page), Daily Mail, Mirror, Independent, Cosmopolitan, European, Today, Hampshire & Surrey Advertiser, The News, Journal, Islander, Citizen, Observer, Esher News, Surrey Comet, Eastern Daily, Sunday Times Travel section, Sunday Times Travel Magazine. RNLI Magazine.Media
Dupont, Lycra -(windsurfing) Pan European TV commercial, taking 60 people to Canary Islands to shoot a TV commercial. Organised all the water based activity, support boats, photo towers, safety, crew boats and stunt operators.
St. Ivel Butter -(land-sailing) British National TV commercial. Filming action stunts up and over the South Downs with land-sailers fitted with custom rigs, engines and brakes.
McDonalds -(canoeing, surfing, watersports) Built a massive replica beach in Pinewood Studios for 'Ronald McDonald film director shoot'. Pan European commercial.
Pet Shop Boys Video – Watersport props for 'Go West' single.
British Beef – (sailing) National TV Commercial shot in the UK, making actors look like they could sail a high performance Dart catamaran. Also supplied all safety and marine support.Evian – (lifestyle) Managed and provided photography for European PR campaign.
Aquatonic Fragrance – (jet-skiing) Managed and arranged promotional event and photo shoot for FHM Magazine, Daily Mirror and Star newspapers. Held in London Docklands using Les Ferdinand and Ali McCoist.
Bournemouth Tourist Board – (surfing & windsurfing). Managed and arranged action photography for national billboard campaign.
Nashville Tourist Board – (surfing) Built, supplied and transported props for US photo shoot.
BVI Tourist Board – (sailing & windsurfing) Photo shoot and editorial.
Imagination Event Company – (sailing, windsurfing, boogie-boards and surfing) Supply, arrangement and set up of a beach scene in Wembley arena.
Eat Natural Bars – (surfing) Building of exhibition stand using surfboards.
Other – (surfing) Supplying surfing props and effects for advertising campaigns, photo shoots and television programmes.